Today I detailed the entire telescope project with Anita. The standard components will be:
- Two antennas, separated by about 100 meters. To begin with, of course, we will start with one antenna. Signal frequency of 40/60 MHz +- 5 MHz
- Pre-amplifier will be required in at least one case, to boost the signal by 20 dB and carry it over 100 meters. Signal freq 40/60 MHz +- 5 MHz.
- RF to IF conversion followed by an appropriate filter: 0-2 MHz band chosen.
- IF amplification, possibly two amplifiers back to back for 40 dB or so gain: signal freq. 0-2 MHz.
- Phase shifter and adder (with 90 degrees phase difference), followed by a detector. The output is a amplitude time series at the rate of 1/16 second.