गणपती बाप्पा मोरया !
This week I experienced the lines from poem by Adrienne Rich, who passed away recently:
Freedom. It isn’t once, to walk out
under the Milky Way, feeling the rivers
of light, the fields of dark—
freedom is daily, prose-bound, routine
remembering. Putting together, inch by inch
the starry worlds. From all the lost collections.
—“For Memory,” from A Wild Patience Has Taken Me This Far
Most of my efforts have gone into :
- Reading a binary output file produced by a FORTRAN program. Realizing that it was an output on a 32-bit machine, I (i) Installed a 32-bit virtual machine; (ii)Installed the FORTRAN code package with gfortran; (iii) Installed Python environment and a code to read the output file on the virtual machine
- Applying for jobs,
- Meeting umpteen people to hunt for suitable positions,
- Trying to focus on image processing with huge cold, cough, fever keeping me indoors.
- Fixing my travel to Delhi, my talks, etc.
- Fixing my talk within IUCAA as well.
- Avoiding my relatives, friends, and even my own family.
The actual science output has been fairly limited, must I say that?